You have seen it on TV, food doesn’t stick. Many people have been sold on this pan because with no oil and no Teflon, food still slides out with ease. But is this too good to be true? Do we have enough customer complaints to make this an advertising gimmick? Well, check it out in this Orgreenic Non-Stick Cookware review.
Orgreenic 16-Piece Non-Stick Cookware Set Review
Besides the well-known frying pan, Orgreenic also has a complete range of products and in this 16-piece set, the following items are included:
- 2.5-quart covered saucepan
- 6-quart covered stockpot
- 11.75 inches square grill pan
- 10-inch frying pan
- 12-inch covered frying pan
- Aluminum steamer insert
- 4 silicon kitchen utensils
- Orgreenic Fast and Easy Cook Book
=> Check Price
The cookware pieces have an aluminum core which is a common feature of most pots and pans to give even heat distribution. The cooking surface is made of nonstick scratch-resistant ceramic material that allows you to cook at higher temperature than the usual Teflon pans. So, you can sear food as well as transfer the cookware from the stove to the oven. The pieces are oven-safe up to 500°F.
The lids are made of tempered glass and the handles are of the stay-cool design. The lid for the stockpot would fit the 10-inch frying pan. The set is not dishwasher-safe.
Orgreenic is being sold as a green cookware that is healthy, non-toxic, nonstick and durable. It should be able to withstand scrubs and normal wear and tear and yet retains its nonstick properties making cleaning a breeze. If you are really interested in cooking with little to no oil, the Stoneline cookware is another option you can look into apart from Orgreenic.
Should You Buy The Orgreenic 80-16PCG Non-Stick Cookware?
- Non-stick works great – The non-stick feature of the pan works nicely as claimed. It is slick and food hardly sticks to the surface. If it does, wiping with a sponge will get it off.
- Heats up fast – The pans heat up fast and evenly. You will need to monitor the heat and cook at lower temperature to avoid food burning.
- Right weight – The pieces are not the real solid and heavy type but they still have a nice weight to them. The whole package weighs about 25 pounds which is not much different to the WearEver Pure Living set.
- Doesn’t last – This is one very common complaint – that the pieces doesn’t last. While the nonstick properties work great initially, the pans turn sticky after a short while. The coating also chipped and peeled off for some users.
- Handles get hot – The thin handles, especially the ones on the lids, will turn hot on the stove. You will need to be prepared with pot holders if you buy this set.
- Need to be seasoned – You will need to season the cookware before use and at regular intervals after that. This may be a hassle but that is how it works for cast iron pans as well.
- Not dishwasher-safe – You will need to handwash the cookware which may not be ideal for those who depend on the dishwasher.
Reading the customer reviews of the Orgreenic Non-Stick Cookware might leave you confused as to its performance and durability. While some love the cookware, others complained much about its stickiness. While the commercial shows how you could fry an egg without oil and let it slide out with ease, there are buyers who claimed that food stick to the surface after only a few uses.
The disparity in the reviews could be due to the seasoning of the pans. They must be seasoned correctly before use. Some buyers have suggested that seasoning them by using the oven to bake a film of oil onto the pans is a better way to ensure the nonstick coating lasts.
So, should you buy the Orgreenic cookware given the complaints? Well, if you want to be healthy and still can’t live without nonstick pots and pans, then ceramic cookware is the way to go. Otherwise, move on to stainless steel sets. Just bear in mind that ceramic cookware will always carry a risk of the nonstick coating losing its effectiveness, whichever brand you choose.
In terms of value for money comparing Orgreenic vs WearEver Pure Living 15-Piece set, the latter would seem to be more economical although it does depend on the deals being offered at different times. Instead of having kitchen tools to jack up the number of pieces in the set, the WearEver package consists of all cookware pieces while the price seems to be about the same as the Orgreenic. Therefore, remember to check the deals when you buy to see which would work out to be cheaper overall.
Free Shipping For The Orgreenic Cookware? Don’t Miss Out: