For more durable nonstick cookware, you will need to invest a little more and get a hard anodized set like the T Fal Ultimate Hard Anodized Cookware. Hard anodized means electronically-hardened aluminum and it is an extremely hard surface, giving it its durability. Hard anodized nonstick cookware is generally heavier than the basic ones and is better at resisting corrosion and the risk of warping.
T Fal Ultimate Hard Anodized Cookware Set Review
The set comes with 12 pieces and these are as follows:
- 1 quart saucepan with lid
- 2 quart saucepan with lid
- 3 quart saucepan with lid
- 5 quart Dutch oven with lid
- 8 inch fry pan
- 10. 25 inch fry pan
- 2 nylon tools
This is hard anodized exterior cookware which is also dishwasher-safe. Combined with its TechnoResist Anti-Warp base, it is claimed to have long lasting durability due to its toughness and warp resistance. It also distributes heat evenly for better cooking performance. The interior of the pans (pots are excluded) have a thermo spot to indicate when the cooking surface is sufficiently heated up. One other model with the same feature is the T Fal Signature Total Nonstick Cookware. The interior is also metal utensil-safe with its Prometal Pro nonstick coating.
=> Check Price
The lids are made of glass and the handles are silicone and riveted to the pieces. It is oven-safe up to 350°F. The pots and pans are suitable for all types of stove tops except induction.
Should You Buy The T Fal Ultimate Hard Anodized 12-Piece Cookware Set?
- Tough cookware – Many buyers have reviewed that the pieces are durable and feel solid in your hands.
- Good customer reviews – This set is one of the better and more durable nonstick cookware in the market. Overwhelmingly positive reviews for nonstick sets can be hard to find and this is one of the rare ones.
- Value for money – The price is affordable for this set and with its anti-warp feature as well as Prometal Pro interior coating, it might be well worth the money for its longer lifespan.
- Heats up evenly – The cookware heats up well and fast with no hot spots. It also has a very slick interior that cleans easily.
- No lids for the fry pans – There are no lids which can perfectly fit the fry pans. While most sets would have inter-changeable lids, this one does not have the same convenience.
- Thermo spot defective – Some buyers have mentioned that the thermo spot indicator does not really help in signalling when the pan is ready. The color hardly changes when it should turn a much darker shade when the cooking surface is heated up.
T Fal has been known to produce affordable cookware which is on the lower end of the market compared to the more luxurious brands like All Clad and Circulon. But cheap does not mean poor quality. Some of T Fal products have attracted very good reviews in the market and some buyers have complimented that these pieces are even more durable than the more expensive brands. The Ultimate Hard Anodized cookware here is one of those.
The other T Fal hard anodized set is the Signature model. In terms of the T Fal Signature vs Ultimate, the latter is slightly heavier. For the 12-piece set, the size of the included items are the same and yet the Signature weighs only 15.4 pounds compared to the Ultimate which weighs 18 pounds. The latter also has the TechoResist Anti-Warp base but this feature is not listed on the Signature model.
While the pieces are the same, the Signature is the cheaper of the two. And it enjoys an equally good customer rating. At the time of writing, this is selling for about $30 cheaper and I would highly suggest potential buyers to check it out too. For me, if the quality is more or less the same with no glaring differences in the features, why not choose the cheaper set? After all, the reviews are just as good and it is also from the same manufacturer.
Free Shipping For The T Fal Cookware? Check It Out Now: